The Leadership Consortium is proud to be the Southern African Strategic Partner for Edgecumbe Consulting.
Edgecumbe Consulting is a leading UK-based business psychology practice, with over 20 years of experience providing tailored solutions to enhance leadership, employee engagement, and business performance in our client organisations.
Our team is flexible, fast, and friendly and our business-oriented, practical, and evidence-based approach helps us to deliver quality insights and solutions. Our highly experienced consultants will enable you to identify, track, and manage the key leadership and people factors that influence the success of your organisation.
The Edgecumbe Primary Colours® Model of Leadership
We work with clients and use the Primary Colours® Model of Leadership (or as we often refer to it, the ‘head-heart-hands’ model of leadership), to provide a shared understanding of leadership. We’ve found this simple way of thinking about leadership helps liberate leaders at all levels to understand where to play to their strengths and mitigate their weaknesses through the notion of complementarity, ultimately leading their teams to success.
Our Leadership model and approach to leadership is:
Endorsed by one of the UK’s most prominent academics in the field of psychology, Professor Adrian Furnham,
Taught at Oxford Saïd Business School and Duke Corporate Education
Adopted by some of the worlds industry-leading organisations, such as the BSI Group, Rolls-Royce and Ahold Delhaize.
- The model is task based – it is constructed by the tasks that leaders need to do which helps them to make sense of and effectively tackle the leadership challenges they face.
- The model is simple and memorable, so it is readily understood, accepted, and acted upon.
- It provides a common language for leadership and management.
- Because the leadership model focuses on tasks, it can work alongside existing competency models, acting as an over-arching framework for leadership.
- It guides individual and team development and provides outline architecture for talent management and performance management processes.
- It allows for an assessment approach that reflects underlying psychological differences between people, therefore it takes account of the interplay between personality and performance.
- Because it is based on broad leadership tasks and not detailed competencies whose importance depends on context, it enables comparisons (benchmarking) of leaders across functions, organisations and industries.